Sunday, March 15, 2009

About this blog

I am always trying to think up ways to inspire my daily writing. Even just to write daily is sometimes a huge feat, as any writer can tell you. Writing prompts and exercises are good practice and I have always wanted to start a blog to publish ideas daily. So here we are!

I am creating this blog for inspiration and a place to compile a really good blog full of writing prompts & exercises! You can use these exercises just for simply practicing writing or also they may be useful as journal prompts.

These exercises are likely not going to produce great works. They may be silly or make you think. Who knows where I am really going with this!

I am going to try to post daily (at least Monday-Friday that is!) but don't hold me to that! I also may not actually DO the prompt/exercise at that time myself and I most likely won't be sharing my work here either, but please feel free to post links to your own work under comments, if you feel so inclined!

Most of these exercises and prompts will be geared toward 10-15 minutes of solid writing. Feel free to spend as much time as you wish on them.

Also, please feel free to drop me a line especially if you happen to have writing prompts, good links to prompts or your own exercises to share!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! Now I just need the time to write...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, can I add this to my blogroll.
    Sorry, unsure of nettiquette here, so thought I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete